California Tax Attorneys resolve your tax problems with both the state of California and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). We help individual taxpayers and businesses throughout the state, in front of U.S. Tax Court, California Tax Court, and with the California Controller's office.
Our mission is more than saving you tax dollars. We help you lift the burden that tax troubles impose and let you move forward with your life.
Tax Attorney in California
California tax policies can be difficult to handle, even for the most experienced businesses and taxpayers. There are many ways to go wrong around tax time, and we want to prevent you from making costly mistakes.
Common tax issues in California that California Tax Attorneys handle include:
- IRS Audit and Appeals
- IRS Installment Plan Agreement
- IRS Offer in Compromise
- IRS Liens and Levies
- California State Tax Issues
- California Liens and Levies
- California Payroll Tax
- Unfiled Tax Returns
- The Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
Who Can We Help?
Our tax specialists are happy to help all California taxpayers. We'll resolve tax issues for the following groups:
- Individual taxpayers
- Sole proprietors
- Small and medium-sized businesses
- Large corporations
- Businesses operating in California
- Out-of-state businesses selling goods and services in California
- California residents
- California nonresidents with a tax liability
Since California tax law is so complex, you may not always be aware of your filing requirements. Each tax situation is different and may require an expert in California tax policies and procedures to address.
Which State Tax Agencies Do We Work With?
There's more than one type of tax in California, so the state has more than one agency that deals with taxes. Our tax experts have legal experience dealing with all of them, but three you should know about are:
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA): Administers sales and use tax, fuel tax, tobacco tax, and other taxes that fund state programs
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB): Part of the California Government Operations Agency and collects personal income tax and corporate tax in California
- Employment Development Department (EDD): Audits and collects payroll taxes, maintains employment records for California workers and administers the Unemployment Insurance and State Disability Insurance programs
Each agency has different rules and procedures for California taxpayers. Not every Californian has to deal with each tax agency, but some taxpayers might. Keeping all your tax filing, reporting, and payment straight when you have multiple departments to deal with is a challenge. Our legal team can handle all of your taxes and contact agencies on your behalf. We'll keep everything streamlined so you can focus on running your business and living your life.
A Legal Team for Your California State Tax Problems
If you've received a notice of any kind from the IRS or a California tax agency, you should understand what your rights and options are. California Tax Attorneys can assist you with IRS and state tax issues. Contact our team today for a free consultation concerning your tax problems.